Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hebrews 11:6 = "The Rewarder"

But without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Recently, while preparing to do a service, in prayer and in study, Hebrews 11:6 was the passage God was laying on my heart for this service. As I was meditating and contemplating this verse, I found that a word kept sticking out to me, "DILIGENTLY." Several times over this word seemed to be the basis of the whole upcoming service.

In a way, picking up from where recently leaving off with the last blog, "True Praise.." Listen and watch for the connections here. We stated, that when we know Him for Who He is, He is indeed the answer to any and every need we have. He is Lord, He is King, He is Saviour, He is healing, salvation, our source and our resource. We must believe in Who He is.

But this one word kept sticking out, "He is a rewarder of those who 'diligently' seek Him. In defining this word something comes to light that is encouraging as well as challenging. First off, it comes as a challenge to "make it our business" to seek Him. We must be earnest in our seeking, we must be forward in our seeking, zealous, we must make it "our calling" to seek Him. We must "search Him out!" Investigate Him. Inquire and require of Him. It should become to us as the "Gold Medal" to one in the olympics. We must "run for the gold." In this is yes, agony, but in this is a refusal to give up. Are you striving for Him? Then run for the gold!

It is in my "diligent" seeking that He rewards me. My "diligent" search He rewards. Listen to a translation of this verse, J.B. Phillips states it: "God rewards those who search for Him..." Very simple, very plain. But in this. we can find a promise given to us, found in Proverbs 8:17.

I love them that love me, and those who seek me early shall find me.

He again is the answer to any and all my needs. I have no reason for complaints, I do have reason for praise. He is faithful and true.

This reward, what is it? The reward is God Himself. Genesis 15:1 says "I Am thy exceedingly great reward." Again, all we need is God. He is everything we need. So, are you diligent in your search for Him. He is waiting to reward you with Himself.

A new song we have recorded and been blessed with is called: "Recklessly Abandoned." A term not many have heard before. It is attached to one St. Francis of Assissi. He was a wealthy man, his family was in clothing, he had all he could ever desire. But threw it all away and took on a rough "toesack" habit for clothing. He lost all to "seek" the Saviour. He was recklessly abandoned unto Jesus. Are you willing to loose all to gain all? Loose all to have only Jesus? A true challenge to our faith. But the answer to diligent seeking. A very radical approach to living in the Spirit of Christ!!!

You see as the lyrics state: "I hear you calling me, calling me to change, You say to lay it all down and dont look back, Just come be recklessly abandoned with you.. I hear you saying to me, leave my all at the cross, you say just lay it there and dont take it back.. Just be recklessly abandoned with you..." In this I must be diligent. Seek Him, that is the key.....

No comments: