Monday, April 30, 2007

Songs From The Heart

As a singer, songwriter, musician for the Lord, I desire greatly with each and every song to "spill" my heart into what I am saying, or want to say to the Lord, or about Him. I use the word "spill" because within the musician there is a cup that fills and spills out the vision, the heart songs from, to and about the throne of God and His loving presence.

The old hymn says "I sing because I am happy! I sing because I am Free!" This holds very true, but also "I sing because I am filled with His Spirit!" I am filled with such overflow that I cannot contain it, it MUST come out and be shared. Often, I have shared in various services and meetings, that when I go into record new music, usually it is my prayer, "Lord, show me something new, unique, different." Scripture tells us that we are unique, different, that we should show forth the praises of Him who has called us out of darkness (1 Peter 2:9). One translation says it this way, "But you are a chosen people, a holy nation, "God's special possession," that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

I am His possesion! I really like that! It is because of this, I do desire to "spill" out what is in my heart, the praises of Him who has called me out of darkness and into His wonderful light! I find that it is indeed wonderful, because that light illuminates and permeates my whole being. That light sears deep into my soul, causing me to see clearly His love for me, then in turn it is my desire to write, record that song that stirs from deep within. That is what, I, as a musician, want more than anything, first to minister to the Lord with my song and heart, then cause you to be brought into the song, so that "Your Song" will sing from your heart.

Many times it is in the form of an instrumental song, but even then, the heart to cause you to see, maybe experience His love, His light, His presence, is still written into the notes of the song, and are from the depths of the heart and soul as well. One song in particular, that I have played many times in many services, "The Masters Love" is a song sweet to the soul, but also paints the picture that the fact is, we are always in the shadow of His cross. Even when we may feel like we are alone, He is always there, and in that shadow "Victory" is always ours, because of what was done on the cross at Calvary, we were "brought" deep into His heart and love, and the Song of the Heart, simply stirs up from there and is given through every note.

All in all, allow that song to sing from your heart! Let loose the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light come forth! Raise your voice, raise your hands, and let it be known, Jesus Christ is Lord of lords, King of kings, forever worshipped and forever praised!

No comments: